One fine day I had to stumble upon this product called Sabash which was being marketed by Aachi masala (every south Indian will know this masala maker !!!). This claimed to be a pure herbal hair & body wash and after using this, I can say that this IS a chemical free and soap free product. I was really tempted by the long list of herbal names.
Ingredients : Main ingredients are - Aloe vera, amla, eclipta prostrata, terminalla chebula, neem, adolada zeylanica, tulsi, ashwagandha, withania somnifera, almond, reetha, sheeka, nannari, khus khus, henna, curry leaves, fenu greek, lemon, triphala and some more herbs whose english names I dunno. The product looks dark and is thick with a legyam/lepam like appearance. It looks more like a grainy chyavanprash !!!
How to use this : Take a teaspoon of this product and mix it with a small cup of water. Apply this on the wet hair and use the finger tips to cleanse the scalp of dirt. Wash it after 2 mins and repeat if required. It gives a brown lather and together with the grainy consistency, gives a very squeaky clean finish. I would suggest applying oil the previous night or before an hour for a smooth wash. I would use this like a proper shampoo during the oily summer days but since it is winter ... you don t want to get your hair tangled.
- Made my hair silky soft and smooth
- Hair fall reduced to a very great extent and has a very subtle herbal fragrance
- Scalp feels clean and fresh
- You get rid of scalp related problems such as dandruff and etc ... I am also guessing that it makes your scalp too strong for lice too :D coz I was the only one spared from lice after my little niece's stay ;)
- Really cheap for what it did
- The ingredients list is really exotic and love the ayurvedic aroma :)
- This product is not easily available these days. A good product marketed badly !
- The packing is okay types
- Your hair may seem rough while wet but once it starts to dry, it gets smooth
- I have oily hair and so I guess dry haired people must make sure that they oil their hair properly before using this.
This product is not in the shelves these days and so I already stocked 3 boxes of these. I will really miss this if they stop producing it. It is really cheap costing around Rs.50 for 150 g. It will last for atleast 20 days. Wasn t bad on skin too but I like my biotique products with TBS gloves and buffer.
I will continue purchasing this as long as they produce this product. This is my H&G hair care product !!!
Would love to hear your fav hair care product too :) ....