As there are many websites out there to explain about pcos, let me put some of the 'gifts' that pcos gave me :
- Obesity (Everything starts from here ... it s like egg and the hen question - nobody knows who came first and similarly is it pcos that made you fat or the obesity that gave pcos !!!)
- Acanthosis nigaricans - To put it simpler terms, it is that dark velvety neck that gives you that 'never washed your neck' look. It can occur in places where your skin joins. Very ugly and crumbles your confidence and self esteem !!!
- Darker skin tone - The hormones released tend to give you a darker tinge to your skin tone and also an unhealthy aura about it.
- Hair fall - A lot of people suffer from this and I lost loads of my beautiful silky straight hair to this. The hormones tend to disturb your hair follicles.
- Hirsutism - Facial hairs ! It is again the effect of hormonal imbalance !!!
- Apart from these we also get/may get : menstrual problem, mood swings, lethargy, low self esteem and so on and on but the ultimate being the difficulty to conceive a child.
I thought it would be good to share some of my knowledge on this topic and maybe help some more peeps like me out there !!! But whatever I say one must always think before doing what I follow and off course consult their physician - they are brilliant people !!! So let me also put my disclaimer here that I am not liable for any injuries that may occur directly or indirectly though the ideas posted in this blog. I also wish to tell you that I am not associated with any company or product or any other group. This blog is here only to share my experience and get some inputs too :).